[bksvol-discuss] Re: Danielle Steel - "Second Chance"

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:35:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Jenny,

I just found out (and this is after volunteering for
almost three years) that for  people using Daisy, ,
the return symbol at the end of a paragraph indicates
a new paragraph and they don't need either indentation
or line skipping between paragraphs. I'd been told
some time ago that skipping lines between paragraphs
was better for people, and now I'm thinking maybe they
were Braille readers, but that isn't always possible,
especially when there's a lot of dialog on the page.
The end of the page doesn't come out right.  At any
rate, don't worry about it.

Thanks for including the ISBN number. At least two of
my libraries now allow searching by ISBN number, and I
found out that your book is Large Print and the one I
have is the regular edition. But if you can hang on to
the file--keep renewing it--I can get the large print
edition some time next week--maybe even by the weekend
if we're lucky.  I've requested it. Otherwise, you'll
have to give me the last lines of the page you have
and the beginning lines of the next page that you have
and I can fill in.

I found your original message, which I've saved, and
know that you want the second, third and fourth pages
of Chapter 11 -- or the text that would be on those
pages, depending on how you want to do this (smile).

Cindy