[bksvol-discuss] Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:19:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi gang,

I got The Lost Symbol and have chopped, scanned and OCRed it. I am going to
proof it tonight at home, so it'll be in the collection by midnight. Here's an
interesting tidbit about it:

From
Publisher’s Lunch:  At noon today the Knopf Doubleday Group confirmed
that the book had set the record for one day sales of any book at
Random House in North America and the UK. The company says first-day
sales were in excess of one million hardcover copies in the US, Canada,
and the UK. Sonny Mehta says "we are seeing historic, record-breaking
sales across all types of our accounts in North America for THE LOST
SYMBOL. We are grateful to booksellers everywhere for this incredible
launch and look forward to working with them to enjoy long and great
continuing success with Dan's novel." Citing "unprecedented inventory
demand from US retailers," Doubleday has gone back to press for another
600,000 copies.

Carrie