[bksvol-discuss] Re: Currently scanning...

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:28:07 -0500

Hi, I'll certainly take a stab at it.  I'll also do the heaven book if nobody
does it.  I want more titles in the collection by Joyce Meyer, Kenneth and
Gloria Copeland, Charles Capps, Marilyn Hickey, John Hagee--not sure of the
spelling, Mark Hankins, Lester Sumrall, Kenneth Hagen, Jerry Savelle, Jessie
Duplantis--not sure of that spelling, either.  Rick Joyner, Rick Roener--not
sure of that spelling, T. D. Jakes, Juanita Bynum, John, Doddie, Joel, and
Victoria Osteen, Charles and Frances Hunter, John Maxwell, Bob Jones, Benny
Hinn, Keith Moore, and many other such authors.  I made my requests known on
the lists back in August and even copied and pasted my requests from a friend's
book list into a message that was supposedly put on the wish list, and based on
the format of the wish list, I'm not sure if they were or not.  Also Tommy
Tinney and John Avanzini and Jentezen Franklin and John and Lisa Bevere and
Creflo Dollar and Larry Lee and Rod Parsley and Larry Hutton and many such
others.  I also would like to see more Christian fiction like Grace livingston
Hill, June Masters Bacher, Linda Nicholson, and others.  Many of these authors
and others are listed on bookshare, but they may only have one book by the
authors and they may have written 10, 20, 50, 90, 100s, who knows.  There are
over 42 books in the Mandie series--which I've proofread and helped to get into
the collection, but even with all our efforts, I'm not sure we even have half
the books.  I was told we had authors like I mentioned, but I know for a fact
that Grace Livingston Hill wrote at least 100 books and bookshare has about 10.
 I deeply admire the brave souls who put this kind of stuff up, and I have a
few entries of my own, but based on all the discussion lately, I'm actually
afraid to submit anything.  I'm glad you are thorough and read what you submit.
 It pays off in the long run.  I admire Laura Ann, Linda, Monica, Angela, and
Alyssa and many more who continue to put Christian literature out there.  Keep
up the fantastic work.  Have a blessed day.