[bksvol-discuss] Currently Scanning Fax Me A Bagel

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:06:54 -0400

Hi everyone. I'm currently scanning a really fun mystery called Fax Me A Bagel. Here's the information from the back cover.

Advance Praise for FAX ME A BAGEL

"Sit down with a garlic bagel, schmear it with cream cheese and sliced lox, and read this book . . . it's pure joy. Smart and not too schmaltzy, it brings the dill pickles of the Lower East Side to a small town in Texas. I enjoyed every minute of it!"
---Alan Dershowitz, author of Chutzpah and The Vanishing American Jew

"Meet Ruby Rothman, a heroine with heart, soul, and an unfailing sense of humor.... Kahn captures life in a small Texas town with warmth and insight... a terrific new voice."
---Deborah Crombie, Edgar-nominated author of Dreaming of the Bones

"A saucy puzzler with a side order of zesty characters ... a slam-bang good time as [Ruby] solves a murder at her favorite bagel shop and in the process reveals some fascinating lore about the bagel-baking business." ---Nancy Bell, Agatha Award nominee and
author of Biggie and the Fricasseed Fat Man

"Murder is eternally funny in Eternal, Texas, and Ruby, the rabbi's widow, is on top of it all. Fax Me a Bagel is a rare treat. Let's hope there's more where this came from."
---Susan Wittig Albert, author of Chile Death

"Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife, is someone I'd like to spend time with in a book or in my living room! Sharon Kahn has created a wonderful and believable heroine in Ruby, and her secondary characters sizzle and sing." ---Susan Rogers Cooper, Edgar-nominated
AUTHOR OF THE E. J. PUGH SERIES

"Ruby . . . has just been declared my new best friend. She's a hoot. Collared greens and
bagels? It doesn't get much better, y'all."    ---Anne George, Agatha
Award-winning author of Murder on a Girls' Night Out

"Poisoned bagels? Hit-and-run accidents? Temple politics? Life in Eternal, Texas, isn't supposed to be this dangerous. . . . Newcomer Sharon Kahn, a rabbi's wife for over thirty years, has accomplished one of those rare feats in today's mystery world: a fresh and distinctive voice. Pick up a dozen of your favorite bagels and settle down with Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife, and her first adventure. You won't want to stop with just one." ---Dean James, Edgar-nominated coauthor of Deadly Women: The Woman Mystery Reader's Indispensable Companion, manager,
Murder by the Book, Houston

Monica Willyard