[bksvol-discuss] Re: Courtesy

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:02:56 -0400

Hi.  I     agree with Elizabeth's message.  (Sadly it's on my other computer so
I can't quote it here.)
I would deeply appreciate it if the outsourcers and all volunteers would check
the books-being-scanned list before processing a book.  I just had another
book, which is being edited, put into the collection by another submitter and
proofer team.
If someone wants to scan a book that the list says I'll be doing, I honestly
don't mind.  It just means I'll go onto the next book.  What really frustrates
me is when book after book that I've already scanned gets added to the
collection by someone else.  I understand mistakes happen but when I spend
hours of my time working on books, only to have someone else beat me to it...
I get very annoyed and discouraged.

I'm still happy volunteering for Bookshare and I don't intend to quit; I just
hate having my time and efforts completely wasted.
Christina