[bksvol-discuss] Re: Countdown to Death

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 02:55:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jamie,

There's a bit of history behind Countdown to Death.  It was in the approval
queue, I was about to approve it, when I thought I'd double-check something (I
forget what) and looked it up on amazon and discovered that it would be
released on October 14th. As you all know, we are not allowed to put advance
reading copies into the collection, so I rejected the book. I told the
submitter to submit it on October 14th.. 2 friends of the submitter emailed me
and said that the book was already for sale on the publisher's website. So I
double-checked with the Bookshare copyright expert who said that if it's
available for sale to the general public anywhere, we can put it into the
collection. So I put it in!
Maybe because the publisher is a smaller house (Steeple Hill), they release it
first on their own website and then release to other websites? I dunno. Anyway,
you can buy the book on the Steeple Hill website if you want. Or you can join
their club and have it sent to you, which is what happened with the submitter.

Carrie