[bksvol-discuss] Correction of Romance Book Club's April Selection

  • From: "Susan" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:14:19 -0500

Several have asked me to send a reminder as to what our Club's April
selection is. Please join us at 9:00 Eastern, 6:00 Pacific on Friday, April
18, 2008 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, 6:00 p.m. Pacific in the Friends of Bookshare
Community Room
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e
for the following:

Thunder and Roses by Mary Jo Putney (available at Bookshare.org and NLS,
BR009618 or RC037997)
(Fallen Angel Series)

Synopsis:
They called him the Demon Earl. They said he could do anything. Son of a
rogue and a gypsy, Nicholas Davies was a notorious rake until a shattering
betrayal left him alone and embittered in the Welsh countryside.

Desperation drives quiet schoolteacher Clare Morgan to ask the Demon Earl to
help save her village. Unwilling to involve himself in the problems of
others, Nicholas sets an impossible price on his aid- only if Clare agrees
to live with him for three months, letting the world think the worst, will
he intervene. furiously, Clare accepts his outrageous challenge, and finds
herself drawn into a glittering Regency world of danger and desire. As
allies, she and Nicholas fight to save her community. As adversaries, they
explore the hazardous terrain of power and sensuality. And as lovers, they
surrender to a passion that threaten the very foundations of their lives.

As always, we welcome your suggestions for whatever books you might like us
to read in the future.

The Romance Book Club Team

Grace Pires, Email
silvara@xxxxxxx