[bksvol-discuss] Re: Copyright issues

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:22:28 -0600

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. All the urls worked perfectly, too. smile

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Sure.

U.S. Copyright office search the catalog URL (This
takes you right to the search page,but it's only for
material registered after Jan. 1, 1978):
http://tinyurl.com/yrdyf8

Library of Congress Online Search page: (again, this
takes you right to the search)
http://tinyurl.com/dha7

World Cat: (this is a little more complicated, butit's
a great way to find what libraries near you, or
anywhere in the world, have a particular book or
article. I used it to find some article titles that
didn't scan well when I validated  the Q & A re
transgender operations): http://www.worldcat.org/

HTH. If the tinyURLS don't get you there let me know
and I'll copy the real ones as well as ones that take
you to the main pages of the catalog office and the LC
rather than directly to the search pages.

G.Cindy