[bksvol-discuss] Re: Copyright, gotta get it right

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 04:06:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lissi,

  Please ignore the illustrations copyright and just use the text copyright
information.  After all, the illustrations are gone from the book when it's put
into the collection.  (Also ignore the introduction copyright, if one exists.)
So the copyright holder will be the author's name, in your example.

  HTH, Carrie

Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR:
url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {
BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
          Dear Volunteers,

  What do I do when there are 2 copyrights listed in a book on 2 separate
lines? One is, "Text Copyright "...by the author. The Other is "Illustrations
Copyright," ...by the artist, a different person. They are the same year.

  Do I write, Copyright 2004 Text by YYY Illustrations by ZZZ? Any punctuation
tips? Will that much information fit in the little box in the uploading form?

  Gustavo approved 2 of my validations today, a long book and a tiny one, so I
hope to return the favor by uploading 2 books this weekend. One is uploaded and
another will be as soon as I know I'll be stating the copyright correctly.
You'll know I'm not bragging when I admit that both are short children's books,
but their Irish so I think they are big deals...wait...All books are big deals!

  Always With Love,

  Lissi

starting at 1¢/min.