[bksvol-discuss] Re: Converting to RTF without losing formatting???

  • From: "Susan Lumpkin" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:29:05 -0500

I've had to do that as well.s wlel.

Susan

-----Original Message-----
.From: "Grandma Cindy"<popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
.Sent: 7/21/07 6:49:51 PM
.To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
.Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Converting to RTF without losing formatting???
.
.I think it's only txt files that lose attributes. I
.used to work in Word and converted to rtf at the end
.and lost nothing. Now I save my files as rtf, but when
.I open them to work on they automatically convert to
.Word, then back to rtf when I close and save.
.
.I'm having somewhat the same situation as Cindy Ray,
.though, whenI download. For some reason, although the
.files supposedly are rtf files, after unzipping them
.via Stuffit they become txt files with extra stuff. I
.have to convert to a .doc file and then convert to the
.rtf file in order to get rid of those things.
.
.the other Cindy
.
.--- Cindy Ray <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
.
.> You probably need to convert to an RTF File from the
.> doc file. I had a file
.> that I actually had to convert to a .doc file from
.> my own scan and then
.> convert to an .rtf file. The message you are going
.> to get from scanning is
.> that you will lose some attributes, but I don't
.> think there is any choice. We
.> have to do the conversion to .doc sometimes and then
.> to .rtf because the
.> direct conversions yield a bunch of garbage.
.>
.> Cindy Lou
.>
.>  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
.> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
.> put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject
.> line.  To get a list of available commands, put the
.> word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
.>
.>
.
.
.
.
.Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
.Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.
.http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222