[bksvol-discuss] Re: Converting to RTF without losing formatting???

  • From: "Susan Lumpkin" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:00:02 -0500

Rachel,

I validate books on my PAC Mate all the time. Convert the original file into an
.rtf file on your computer if Microsoft Word allows you to open it. The format
should be fine. Aftger validating the book on the PAC Mate, bring it back into
Word on your computer. Be sure to insert a back space and a space into the
beginning of the Word file, then save it  and upload it Back to Bookshare.
Sometimes Word will not allow me to open the file. IF you have that problem, be
sure to let me know and I'll try to help you further. Good luck!

Susan