[bksvol-discuss] Re: Converting Tables

  • From: "Bob W" <rwiley45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 03:05:14 -0500

Hi Sue.
I only have a palfrey version 2003 of word, but I understand the commands for
2003 will work for 2007. Let's hope so.

As usual, please make a backup of your file before you begin.

Put your cursor somewhere in the table, it doesn't really matter where. And
press alt+a to bring up the table menu of commands.

Arrow down to the select menu or press the key c.

Press downarrow to "table" and press enter. Your table should now be selected.

Press alt+a again to get back to the pesky table menu.

Press v or arrow down to convert table and press right arrow.

Press downarrow to convert table to text or press the letter b. Hit enter.

 You should now be in a dialog to convert the table to text. I can't tell you
what's in that dialog as I don't have a sample to work with. I think the dialog
is pretty intuitive. Change anything if it seems appropriate, and hit ok.

Now you've done it!

If things got screwed up, ... remember that backup I mentioned much earlier?
... well, you should have done it.

Seriously, I hope this helps.

Problems? Ask away.

Bob