[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confusion about the Master List

  • From: Geneva Vander Poel <gvanderp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:17:57 -0700

Hi All,

My name is Geneva Vander Poel and I work for Bookshare’s Collection
Development department. I wanted to let everyone know that the Master List
(or Outsourcers and Publishers list, as it is currently labeled on the
website) has been updated. The list now reflects the changes Scott described
in the earlier posting. If the origin column reads VOL, that title is
currently being scanned by volunteers. If it shows VOL it will also list the
volunteer's name in the Comments column and, when provided to us, the name
of the proofreader. This change eliminates the need for volunteers to check
the Currently Being Scanned list, and helps prevent any unnecessary
duplicated effort when submitting books to the collection. From now on, you
can expect the Master List to be updated weekly with this information.

This is the current link, though it will change in a week or so when the
list is updated again:
https://wiki.benetech.org/download/attachments/17268805/0426.txt

Thanks very much for all of your work as volunteers!

Sincerely,

Geneva Vander Poel