[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confusion Over Meaning Of Original Publication Date

  • From: Robin Mandell <robinmandell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:38:02 -0400

It's pretty exciting to see where it all began...

At 02:02 AM 28/04/2006, you wrote:
Hi Gerald, Cindy and Sue,
Well, I suppose I could enlighten you. That's about all I feel that I can accomplish now after studying for my Discrete Math test tomorrow morning. *grin*

Yes, all publication dates refer to publication on BookShare.org. Gerald is correct that the BookShare system does not store original print publication data, only copyright data, which as Cindy points out, can be different.

The original (BookShare) publication date is the same one you can select from on the combo box on the Advanced Search page (publication date). The Last One Hundred Years or something like that was the first book put through the system.

Night all,
Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>