[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:54:41 -0500

Cindy,
I don't think you have to worry about the location of the chapter numbers and titles. The only reason that the page numbers have to be in specific places is so that they can be identified for use in the daisy file. I don't think the daisy converter is smart enough to find and use chapters as navigation points yet. I hope they will have that sometime in the future, though. Still extra formating could only help in that process, not hinder it. :-)

The idea of splitting up the chapter titles is to make them look less consistent and therefore less appetizing to the stripper. I am wondering if that causes the stripper to eat the word chapter but leave the number and/or title alone.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Instructor
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity