[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

  • From: Pascha Lea <pascha2u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kellie,

Is there someone specific I could email at bookshare
about this? I certainly want the original submitter to
get their credit, because it was a pretty good scan to
begin with. It was me who goofed it all up. And
tedious though it is, I would hate to see this book
rejected due to the error of my ways.

Regards,
Lea

--- Kellie Hartmann <hart0421@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Lea,
> There are two things you could do about Cat's Eye if
> you want to put the
> page breaks back in. First, I think the Bookshare
> admin would be able to
> kick back either the original submission or your
> validated version, or maybe
> even both, to the download page. You could then get
> the hard copy of the
> book again and put the page breaks in. If you had
> your own version that you
> validated to work from, it wouldn't be too
> difficult, though it would be
> tedious.
> Alternatively, you could take the file on your
> computer, use the hard copy
> to put the page breaks back in, and submit the file
> as if it were a new
> submission. The difference is that you would explain
> the situation in the
> comments field, and state that the original
> submitter should get the $2.50
> usual credit. Either way, if this book is in txt
> format you will need to
> first convert it to rtf and then add the page
> breaks, because Word and
> WordPad both eat page breaks in txt files.
>
> I'm not saying that you have to do any of this, but
> in case you want to I
> thought I'd give you ideas on how to go about it.
> Thanks,
> Kellie

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html