[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:34:39 -0700 (PDT)

Lea,

I can't answer all your questions, but yes, you should
put inpage breaks. As of March 31 bookshare was gong
to reject books that didn't have them.  You won't get
the rejection, but the submitter will. You may want to
post what the books were. Then the submitter, if
he/she gets the rejectionslip, can re-submit, and you
can download and fix the book and upload it again.

Is your husband a member? If so, and you upload the
books in his name he can get 50-cent credit for them
toward his next year's membership.

I'm so glad another sighted person is validating. I
don' know how many others are, but on this list I
don't think there are many -- Carrie, who scans, and
possibly Anastasia. Would you like to write
descriptions of illustrations in children's books? I
have a list at home (I'm not home now but will be
later today) and have a list of books that Shelley
couldn't scan because of the colors of the pages. If
you like, I'll send you the titles. When I do them, I
pretty much copy the text and write the illustration
descriptions, because the pages don't scan.

CIndy

http://mail.yahoo.com