[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confirmation about where to place pictures and tables in a book; question about including own description of pictures in addition to captions; table format.

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:23:21 -0500 (EST)

I believe Jake said a long time back that the Bookshare tools could handle
tables as is.  I've reformatted them occasionally, if they're simple,
otherwise it a whole lot of work.

Please leave in the book captions.  If you have your own descriptions too,
that might be helpful, but a student might need to know what the caption
in the book says.

Me, I'd leave the pictures, tables, etc where they are, not move them to
the end.  If a picture or graph can't be scanned, and all you can give is
the caption, there's not much to be done, though you could make a note.

That's what I think.
Tracy