[bksvol-discuss] Re: Concerning, "The Last Speeches"... on the checkout list

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:59:09 EDT

Okay, I am the submitter of Malcolm X, the Last Speeches and it is
duplicated for a specific reason. The book was proofread and sent back to the
checkout list with a request for a specific correction and with a hold on it
for
the proofreader. After a good long time had passed without any sign that the
proofreader was inclined to take it back I just uploaded it again to give
someone else a crack at it. I figured that the one with the hold would be
there if that proofreader wanted to try it again and if not then it would still
be available for someone else. If the rest of you do not think that is the
way to handle such a situation then let's discuss what to do if Carrie
returns a book for more editing with a hold on it and the person for whom it is
being held does not take it back.

                  "If you don't stand for something you will fall for
anything.
" Malcolm X

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Concerning, "The Last Speeches"... on the checkout list
Date:
10/24/2009 9:34:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
lori@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Ok, hope I'm not being too proactive. I see that "Malcom X: the Last
Speeches" is near the top of the Checkout list and yet, almost at the
bottom
of the list the same book is there with a hold for Melissa. In this
scenario, someone could easily accidentally check it out not knowing there
is a hold.

At the same time, since it is so far down on the list with the hold, from
back in April, I am not sure that it would be right to eliminate the most
recent one.

Lori