[bksvol-discuss] Re: Complete Verse Rudyard Kipling

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:32:10 -0500

Dear Cindy,

Congratulations! Amy and then you, worked hard and long on that one and I've been anxiously waiting to download it. A long book of poetry like that is one which is so much more enjoyable to me if I own it. I don't want to have to read all of a book like that in the limited time I can borrow it from a library. Like a cookbook, it's the kind of book I go to when I'm in the right mood, browse through and light on something that catches my attention and then set the book aside until the mood strikes again.

Today was a great day for volunteers reporting in on their latest submissions and uploads. Congratulations and thanks to all of you!

This weekend, if I have the nerve, I may be seeing the movie, Perfume, based on the book Perfume by Patrick Susskind which is a quirky, grizzly period piece and is in the collection if anyone else is interested. It has a reputation of being very well written, but you'll need a lot of nerve to read it.

My validation of How to Read and Why by Harold Bloom was approved today, and I'll be uploading The unauthorized biography of Robin Williams and a lovely, sensitive novel, Shadow Baby by Monday.

Always with love,

Lissi