[bksvol-discuss] Re: Common scanning typo/errors

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:59:36 -0700

Find and replace can work, as long as it is remembered that die can really mean
die.  That's why it is dangerous to find and replace these kinds of things en
masse without checking each one individually.  I've seen lie for he as well,
but I just fix those rarities one at a time as I'm reading along.  You probably
already know this, but I am writing for those who may not.  It is tempting and
easy to go hog wild with find and replace and get yourself into a situation
that may be hard to get back out of, even with control-z.