[bksvol-discuss] Re: Colleen McCullough going blind

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 23:39:32 -0400

It's funny public speaking rates so high on the fear scale. I remember back when I was sighted, I hated even the thought of speaking in public, and I also remember on the few occasions I came across someone that was blind, saying to myself, 'I don't think I could do it if I were...'Now since I've been blind, I got involved in local politics, served on our school board, and public speaking wasn't even a concern. I think it came down to, since I can't see them, they don't exist; or, I just don't give a ... Odd how one impacted the other.

Dave

At 11:19 PM 5/25/2004, you wrote:

Even a slowly deteriorating vision loss is really traumatic, am living it.
The fact of the matter is humans are very sighted oriented.  Going blind is
the third worst fear plaguing Americans behind Public Speaking and Dying
while Public Speaking, smile Cancer is number ten.