[bksvol-discuss] Re: Collection has grown

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:52:40 -0800

Hi Shelley. I'm really sorry to dampen your enthusiasm, but it isn't really the scanners, submitters and validators. Really the credit belongs to the staff for finally clearing out their backlog. Some of those books were on the step 1 page since May 2004 or longer. I did some of the really old ones. Really, it isn't that 1,000 titles all got added at once, it's that they have been sitting in the queue for months. If they were more consistent and did a few at a time, we would still be at the same number but we would have got there gradually instead of all at once. Sorry, but that's the reality. How many submitters are frustrated that their books are finally now moving through the system? I know I've been frustrated as a validator when the Christmas book I approved a few days before Christmas and put in the comments that it is a holiday book didn't show up until last month. As Cindy said, just in time for Christmas. Yeah right. I understand their concentration on Spanish books, but I hope that doesn't take away too much of their time since there are still many English speakers out there.

At 10:19 AM 3/20/2005 -0500, you wrote:

I was looking at the counter and wow, look how many are up there.  Can you
believe that in less than three months, we have put up over 1000 titles?

That is astounding when you think of it.  That 25,000 really isn't that far
off, not really, smile.

Great job everyone who scans, validates, and reads and keeps our system
growing.