[bksvol-discuss] Re: Collection Number As of the End of the Year

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:24:05 -0500

No, Open Library is basically a catalog. They have 1,022,608 accessible books available for download and 652,288 accessible books in the English language available for download. That figure includes books that they have acquired from Project Gutenberg. If you count only their collection of protected Daisy books then they have 328,637 books available for download.

On 12/31/2011 11:53 AM, Kim Friedman wrote:
Hi, Roger, they may have a web page about those books, but I don't know
if that means all those books can be downloaded from there. Maybe you
might be able to read them online, but you may not always be able to
download them to your computer. It's nice knowing they have information
on the publishing dates and all that, but I want to actually download
the texts and read them on my machine or transfer them to a device. I
agree they have a whole lot of information. Regards, Kim Friedman.