[bksvol-discuss] Cloud Atlas

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:47:31 -0700 (PDT)

Boy, is that book popular!!!  Personally, it's not my
kind of book, and I don't really understand it's
popularity, but mine not to reason why. It is
interesting, and the style is unique. Those of you who
are eagerly awaiting the book, is it because you've
read his earlier books and are a fan, or because of
what you have read about this book?  I'm just curious.

The reason I'm writing, though, is to tell you that
I'm almost 50 per cent done, but there will be a pause
for a few days. Unfortunately, because so many people
here in Los Angeles want the book, I am unable to
renew it. I have signed up for it again in 3 places
(foreseeing this, I'd signed up in one place 3 weeks
ago, and I'm third on the waiting list there.)  It's
interesting to me the geographical difference in
Mitchell fandom. Here in L.A. city, I'm number 58 on
the waiting list now for 36 copies. In San Diego
County, I'm third, now, for, if I remember correctly,
4 copies. But in the city of San Diego, although there
are many copies that are out and have waiting lists,
two branches have it available, and I've requested
one. I should have it by the weekend, hopefully
Friday, and will be able to keep it for 3 weeks, but
which time I should have finished with the book. After
Tuesday I have complete days to work on it.

http://mail.yahoo.com