[bksvol-discuss] Re: Clobbered by PQ, again

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 23:21:20 -0500

yeah, that one hurt. It was a series of 15 books, and we'd finished something like 13 of them and the PQ books replaced them. Another one I got clobbered on recently was the Longmire series. Sandi and I were working on that one and literally had the PQ books show up when we had versions we'd scanned and proofed in the approval queue waiting to be approved. Ouch. On the other hand, those were all books that are popular and in print still, so at least I knew up front it was a risk doing them.

Judy s.
On 9/30/2014 10:47 PM, misha wrote:
Mostly what I scan is old enough it doesn't get replaced. But less than a year ago, Judy S and I (and a couple others I think) worked on a series by C. J. Cherryh that I recently found out has been completely replaced by PQ versions. *Sigh*

Misha