[bksvol-discuss] Re: Clarification on a scanno

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:14:48 -0800 (PST)

I don't think so, Kellie.  I think an exclamation
point, like a question mark, can come before the
quotation marks and before she said. There's a
difference in meaning, especially if you listen to
what I'm about to write, whether an exclamation mark
or a comma is used. examples:

"Wait!" she said. Don't leave me alone!""

"Wait," she said. "Don't leave me alone."

Shelley, now that you've got us all started on the
subject, what is the rest of the sentence, please? And
perhaps the ones before and after that one.

Cindy

 I think if it