[bksvol-discuss] Re: City

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:49:38 -0500

Hi Cindy.  I scanned Without Blood as well.  All three books are very
different from one another with the exception that you can tell the same
hand wrote them.  That you like Silk and didn't care for Without Blood will
not be an indicator about your reaction to City.  They are all that
different.  But if you appreciate and enjoy Baricco's brilliant style and
aren't tied to the usual predictability of story-telling, then you will
enjoy all of them.  I'm really struggling to find descriptors for Baricco's
writing.  At any rate, it's worth checking it out of the library to give it
a try.

Peace and Hope,

Donna