[bksvol-discuss] Re: Chronological new books list

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:27:58 -0600

There exists a web site that can be searched, but I don't know if it will give you all new books from 7th February. I'll ask my friend Chris and get back to you guys.

If not, we can probably run a database query and get you a file. I'll let you know.

Ner
At 10:15 AM 2/23/2005, you wrote:
Tony,
Jesse never posted such a list so far as I can recall. He posted the books awaiting validation and the books awaiting approval, same list that Marissa posts periodically. But I've never seen a back dated new books list
of the sort you want, although I think it would be a very cool thing to be able to get, something the site should be able to generate if you could just go and ask for books posted between x and y dates. Or, if they would
just take the limit of 100 books off the new listing, so that you could keep hitting enter and see the previous 50 titles. I understand how you feel with regard to missing those titles. If you go out of town or are otherwise
away from your pc for a while, or if you just forget to check, and its been a busy validation period, you don't have an efficient way of knowing what you missed. I hope that this could be added to the list of
improvements for the service, that is, make a way that people can access listings of new books posted between specified dates, or make it possible for the present system to keep showing the previous 50 titles, rather
than limiting us to just the 100 most recent entries.
Mary

Noel Romey Arkansas, USA View my insights at my live journal: http://djner.livejournal.com