[bksvol-discuss] Re: Chronicles of Narnia

  • From: "Paula Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:21:14 -0500

    I think my post on this subject may have been confusing. The reason I
was asking about rescanning the Narnia books is that the ones currently on
Bookshare have a lot of errors--the kind that would get past a spellchecker,
such as Asian instead of Aslan. The person who brought this to my attention
was really disgusted, because he said the books are rated Excellent.

    I downloaded A Horse and His Boy, intending to do some Find and Replace
fixes, and resubmit it , but discovered that the page breaks are all out of
sync with the page numbers. I assume the same is true with the rest of the
series. The only way to fix this problem would be to obtain the books from
this particular series--which I was unable to do.
The series on Bookshare is one that has been renumbered in chronological
order, rather than the order in which they were written. I found a similar
series, but the books weren't exactly the same--despite matching ISBNs--so I
couldn't fix the page breaks.

    The question I posed to the list was whether to simply fix the scanning
errors and not worry about the page breaks, or whether someone might be up
for rescanning the books. Even though the Narnia books are on Web Braille, I
think it's important that the ones on Bookshare be in the best shape
possible--especially because these are children's books.

    Hope all my rambling makes sense.

Regards,
Paula