[bksvol-discuss] Christian romance approved & uploaded

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 01:02:03 -0700 (PDT)

I've just approved and uploaded a Christian romance
(Gerald, here is an example of  a Christian romance as
opposed to what I thought was but is just a general
wholesome novel about good people.) entitled Cloudy
Jewel. The author is Grace Livingston Hill, who is a
well-known Christian Romance writer -- in fact, in the
online biography  I read, she's considered the
"pioneer of Christian romance." Her life reads like a
Christian romance.

This book was originally written in 1920. It was
republished in 1989, but the publisher left everything
as it was. Thus words that we don't hyphenate today,
e.g., today, upstairs, are hyphenated: to-day,
up-stairs. The one that really surprised me was
superintendent -- super-intendent. Also, the spelling
is more like the English spelling of words, and some
words, like "clue" are spelled differently --clue is c
l e w. There is also some dialect.

It's an enjoyable book. I liked the characters.

http://mail.yahoo.com