[bksvol-discuss] Re: Children's book questions

  • From: "Satauna" <mercury@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:58:25 -0700

Hi, Gary.  The way I have handled this with a childrens' book is to put
the page number of the page at the top, leave a blank line then type the
word "illustration" in brackets or parenthesis.  Then go on to the next
page with text.  I like knowing where the illustrated pages are because
I can engage my child in describing what she sees when those pages come
up, and I can tell her when to turn the page so that we're both in the
same place when I'm reading to her.  I trust this will become less of an
issue as she grows older. It's not the end of my world if those
illustrated textless pages aren't noted.  I'd rather have the book with
no page numbers than no book at all, especially when it comes to books
for young readers! Goodness knows that in comparison to my local print
library or bookstore, NLS is sorely lacking in this area, so more
childrens books!

Satauna