[bksvol-discuss] Childrens bestsellers this week 4-18-10

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:29:28 -0400

Children's Books
Top 5 at a Glance
1. LEGO STAR WARS, by Simon Beecroft
I cannot scan this book because it is too big
2. THE LION AND THE MOUSE, illustrated by Jerry Pinkney
already in the collection
3. POET EXTRAORDINAIRE!, by Jane O’Connor
already in the collection
4. THE EASTER EGG, written and illustrated by Jan Brett
already in the collection
5. MY GARDEN, written and illustrated by Kevin Henkes
already in the collection
6 WADDLE!, written and illustrated by Rufus Butler Seder. (Workman, $12.95.)
Animals in motion, with color. (Ages 4 to 8) 29
already in the collection
7 GALLOP!, written and illustrated by Rufus Butler Seder. (Workman, $12.95.)
Animals seem to move when you flip the page. (Ages 4 to 8) 110
already in the collection
8 MISS BROOKS LOVES BOOKS! (AND I DON'T), by Barbara Bottner. Illustrated by
Michael Emberley. (Knopf, $17.99.) A reluctant reader rejects every offering
from grown-ups until she finds an unconventional idol. (Ages 4 to 8) 2
I will be scanning soon
9 LMNO PEAS, by Keith Baker. (Beach Lane/Simon & Schuster, $16.99.) A sort
of "What Color Is Your Parachute?" for very young legumes. (Ages 4 to 8) 1
I will be scanning soon
10 SKIPPYJON JONES, LOST IN SPICE, written and illustrated by Judy
Schachner. (Dutton, $16.99.) The peppery red planet captures a cat’s fancy.
(Ages 4 to 8)
already in the collection

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Great Arizona Orphan Abduction by Linda Gordon