[bksvol-discuss] Re: Children books in quie

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:46:37 -0500

Actually, Jamie, Lissi does that with myself and a couple of other people. She
goes to used bookstores and library book sales and calls me on the phone. I put
in the title or author and see if anything comes up. I used to rely on the fact
that if I got no results, then obviously there was nothing by that title or
author in the collection. Now, I will actually have to look at the first
result, at least, to see if it matches the title or author I'm looking for, and
hope that the matching title or author isn't further down. That isn't such a
bad guess, since from what I've seen, although a lot of results may come up, if
the title or author is in fact in the collection, it will show up first. But
now I have to actually look, which will slow things down a little I'm thinking.

Evan