[bksvol-discuss] Re: Children books in quie

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:15:51 -0500

My mistake, Evan, it's Donald Gallo, actually Donald R. Gallo. I think you
have to know exactly how the author's name is listed to really make the
Katherine Applegate who sometimes writes under Katherine Applegate, K.A.
Applegate or Katherine A. Applegate. Of course that was always the problem,
hence the reason for searching just on one term.

I will try to use the browse by author function that Melissa posted the link
to since I think in the interim that's going to have to be the solution for
people who want to scan a book.

All these workarounds seem a little crazy though, when it seems like it
would be so simple to have a box to check where you could choose to either
use or not use full text search.

Plus I can't be driving other's crazy asking to verify whether what I think
is not in the collection really is not. And what about members (I know we
have at least one) who go to used book sales to find books to buy and scan,
who call up other members and ask if that book is in the collection before
she buys it?

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil
McNeil