[bksvol-discuss] Re: Checking in a book was Re: Tabs question

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:25:43 -0500

Nadia,
Go to Bookshare.org, sign in and Then click on volunteer home. Once you are there, click on the link that says my checked out books. On this page, you will find the title of your book, then there are links like check in, release, reject, and possibly renew. Click on the link that says check in. You will then have a page where you can upload the book. You will need to click on the browse button, which will bring up a dialog and you navigate through it to find the file that you have been editing. Press enter on that file, and then tab to and activate the upload button. This may take a little while, depending on how large the book is. After that you will go through a couple of pages asking for information about the book, such as title, author, publisher and copyright information, synopsis and category information. This should already have been filled in by the submitter, but it is a good idea to double check it. Once you gone through these steps, a page should come up telling you that you're boo is awaiting approval, or something like that.

Melissa Smith
On 7/1/2011 11:31 AM, Nadia Cioffi wrote:
Dear Mayrie and Sue,
You seem to be two of most active people on this list and very
detailed. I thank you for that<smile>. Maybe you could help me it's
first time proof reading a book and how would upload the edited copy?
Also, is just me or does the OCR programs put and in caps a lot. My
crammer check is going a lot which does not seem right for book, do
you think it's a mix or OCR mistakes? I'm not sure because I don't
have copy in front of me is what you normally do or do just fix it so
it sounds right. Thanks again to ALL our volunteers. One requested, if
your using gmail, can u set a different color and size. Also it would
be great if you did large in black, I can't really read bright things.
I've been having to copy everything to word to change font size and
color. Thank you if your willing to do this, if not I understand.
Thanks again,
Nadia

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Mayrie ReNae<mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
HI Sue,

You could place your cursor on the first tab or white space that you'd like to remove,
press shift plus right arrow to highlight it, open the find and replace dialogue by
pressing control plus h and that highlighted tab will appear in the find box.  In the
replace box, type a space.  Then hit enter on "replace all".  If that doesn't
work, you could try this.

I think the thing to type into the find box to get rid of tabs and replace them
with spaces is ^t, that's caret followed immediately by the letter t.  In the
replace box type a space.  Then hit enter on replace all.  I'm not sure I have
remembered the write notation for a tab though.  I should know this! I checked,
that's the write character string to type in.  My memory isn't slipping as
badly as I thought it was, whew!

Maybe one of those things will work.  I hope so!  Extra spaces do make
proofreading a little frustrating, don't they?

Good luck!  Let us know what happens.

Mayrie