[bksvol-discuss] Chat announcements

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 01:23:14 -0700

Hi,

Please remove this line from your announcements. It looks tacky and doesn't make it look any more like an official press release. You obviously haven't written press releases before so please don't try to make it look like one. I know from experience that they follow a very specific format if you want it taken seriously by the media. I wrote one once and it took me a week to get it right. You can take a look if you want. http://baechler.net/ I have nothing at all against you or your announcements, posts etc. Please don't take this personally, it just doesn't look right and might be misconstrued by people. Thanks much.

At 07:30 PM 8/27/07 -0400, you wrote:
FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

Book Title Revision Notice

Topic: Ice by Ed McBain  Chosen for Mystery Book Club To Be Launched
Tuesday, September 4, 2007