[bksvol-discuss] Re: Chapter headings and page numbers

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 14:48:01 -0600

I am also a submitter primarily.
I am in the habit of moving the page numbers to the top of each page as well.
I generally go ahead and will do the font format changes so the headings are
figured out.

But I may mention, that I have noticed, often a book that will have its page
numbers at the top will indeed have a page number at the bottom of the page
when it is a new chapter.
So I just say that, if that is helpful to mention, to be aware.

As someone else suggested, I think it is good to have appendices and indexes,
and such, all designated by formatting with the same headings status as the
chapters.

Some books that we are getting from the Publisher Quality may not have that
done. But when I download a book to read and find it does not have the
navigations that we like, the Book Quality reporting to Bookshare staff have
been nicely responsive and will follow up to adjust the book in the collection.
My personal preference is to have PAGE navigation, and CHAPTER navigation.
Sometimes I will be reading a book and my device (ie. Victor Stream) will go to
END of BOOK when it should go to the next chapter. I can set each with
Bookmarks, but it is really nice when we can navigate the book just like any
sighted reader will generally be able to do.

Thanks.
Rik James