[bksvol-discuss] Re: Chapter Headings

  • From: "Bob W" <rwiley45@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:15:49 -0600

Hi Reggie.

The purpose for the different font sizes in a book is because the larger font sizes tell the bookshare converter tool to allow for navigation in the daisy file it creates. With no variances in font size the only way a person can navigate a book is from the beginning to the end, and we all know how cumbersome that is.

Here's what the manual says about font sizes.

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/4.2+B.+2.+Do+some+formatting
4)  Font sizes
Generally, use larger fonts for larger headings and smaller fonts for subheadings.

     -  20 point  +  BOLDING:      Title

- 18 point + BOLDING: Larger Section Headings (such as "Part I", or "Section 2")

- 16 point + BOLDING: Headings for sections in the Front Matter & Back Matter

     -  16 point  +  BOLDING:      Chapter Headings

     -  14 point  +  BOLDING:      Chapter subheadings

     -  12 point:                          Text in the body of the book

     -  Maximum font size for anything in the file:   =  20 point
     -  Minimum font size for anything in the file:    =   8 point

Hope this helps.
Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "regina alvarado" <regina.alvarado6@xxxxxxxxx>