[bksvol-discuss] Re: Changing WH-Signs into Real Braille Colons

  • From: "Linda Adams" <ladams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:00:21 -0600

Hi, Mickey.  I have had to fix math signs by hand all afternoon because the
search and replace function on the Braille Lite won't work on most of them.
For instance, when I replaced the braille "for" sign with the Nemeth code sign
for equals throughout the document, it also replaced all the words with the
"for" sign in them.  Boy, did that make a mess!  Fortunately I had saved the
text version and just retranslated it into braille and started over.  I never
made it to geometry, trigonometry, or calculus, and now I see signs with which
I am not familiar.  Does anyone know where I can get a simple list of Nemeth
code for all that with the words written out followed by the dot combinations
to make the signs?  I warned the requesting person that I am no mathematician,
but this job was dropped in my lap anyway.  If anyone has any quick ideas,
please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Linda Adams