[bksvol-discuss] Challenge for OpenBook users

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:13:57 -0700

Hi all,

I have another challenge for us volunteers.  Remember what an incredible job
everyone did a couple weeks ago with validating all the BSO books from the
step one list?  Our combined effort was fantastic.  Now I have a new
challenge for you all.

There are several books on the step 1 download list that are in ARK OpenBook
format.  Some of these books have been on the step 1 page for a very long
time.  However, many volunteers can't download these books because they do
not have a working copy of OpenBook and can't open the files.  This leaves a
lot of books that aren't getting validated.  So my challenge is, all
OpenBook users, let's validate as many of the ARK OpenBook format books as
possible!  These books are very much at risk because they can only be opened
by a few people.  So, if you can open OpenBook files, I encourage you to
download and validate one book in that format.

Similarly, if you don't have OpenBook, but want to help, Kurzweil users
can download a book that is submitted in KES format.  There are many of
these books on the step 1 page as well.  C'mon guys, we can do it!

Let's go,

Allison