[bksvol-discuss] Re: Celestial Harmony going to reject

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 13:11:12 -0800

since I have a print copy, I've been helping Gail with the book, ,i.e.,
supplying missing words,  helping identify where quotation marks are
needed, and what names need diacritical marks; however,   we've reached
point where many of  those numbered sentences take up a whole page and a
half; I can't scan,  and that's too much for me to type in; if someone
could get a copy of the book and was willing to scan it either Gail or I
would be willing to proof it. As she warned, the book is over 800 pages and
is thick and heavy. (at least the hard-cover. I don't know f there is a
paperback.
Although it is subtitled a novel, it is a biography,  written by Peter
Esterházy, in  2 parts,  of the historic and aristocratic Esterházy family
of Hungary. Part One is written as numbered sentences--various
reminiscences of his father and other people connected with the family.
Part 2 is written as a biography.
Here is a brief excerpt from the Introduction to the book, which will,
perhaps, explain why both Gail  and I thought it would be interesting and a
good addition to the collection. (I took it first, having  doubts as to the
quality of the scan, but not realizing how truly bad it was;  when I didn't
have to time to work on it Gail saw  it lingering on the checkout list and
offered to take it; I told her to go ahead.
 Now it just needs some who   does careful scans to scan it (Larry?  Are
you  not too busy and free and interestedenough  to do it?
CIndy