[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cat Body Cat Mind questions

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 18:11:47 -0700

Hi, Gail,

Could you be more specific about the first problem. Is a page missing, the title page and copyright page don't agree, what?

As for #2, the number of blank lines don't matter because the bookshare conversion tools remove them. What is important is to make the Part One, Part Two headings 18 point bold, the Chapter headings 16 point bold and the sub headings 14 point bold. The bookshare conversion tools will take this font size information and convert the headings into DAISY navigation flags so readers can move through the books by Part, chapter and sub-chapter.

Finally, on amazon, the search couldn't find the word casket in the book at all, but from context, I'd say leave the quotes around the word.

Misha

On 10/8/2014 1:46 PM, gail johnson wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am working on:

Cat Body,
Cat Mind
Exploring Your Cat's Consciousness and Total Weil-Being
by Dr. Michael W. Fox
ISBN 978-1-59921-062-9

The scan and the book are  excellent.
The front pages do not match up with the contents.
I need some help fixing them.

2.
Some of the captions are separated by blank lines from the text and others are not.
I was wondering if they are this way in the actual book.

3.

page 76

'casket'
Should this have quotation marks around it or leave it the way it is?

text:

text:

"After one of my cats died I left him in his burial box for our other cat to see. He stayed by the box for twenty minutes, then slowly walked away and was fine . . . Animals have to mourn their friends in the 'casket' before burial just like people do."