[bksvol-discuss] Re: Carrie's Scans And Word Weirdness

  • From: "tom hawkins" <tjhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:38:47 -0700

Hi Monica, Yes and No!When Fine-Reader 8 came out this problem was noted. The problem is as follows. FR is inserting a section-break-continuous as well as regular section-breaks. But Word has no way of distinguishing between them, so I assume other software packages don't either. Also FR has a propensity of inserting section-breaks where ever one of those little geegaws appear in front of chapter headers. Fix it? Tried it, been talking to Steve Rosales at Fine-Reader tech support, (510-226-6717), - they don't know anything, but you should complain to them because that's the only thing that will move them to fix it! Good Luck, Tom
----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>