[bksvol-discuss] Re: Carrie's Scans And Word Weirdness

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:27:41 -0400

Hi, Tom and Gerald. Well, at least now I know one of the reasons why Openbook and K1000 aren't updating their FR engines. I do have an idea though. A bug like this is fairly significant I would think, although maybe sighted people who just scan for work reasons might not notice it. Do you know if this happens in doc format as well as rtf? I'm wondering if maybe Word would see the section breaks differently if documents were converted into Word format. I do know that doc files don't save in the same way as rtf and that the file format for Word XP and Word 2003 save things more effectiently than rtf. Have either of you tried saving a book as a doc file and opening that to see if it's different? I don't own FineReader, so I can't test this myself.

Monica Willyard

On Monday 10/16/2006 03:44 PM, Tom wrote:
Hi Monica, Don't bet on it, I've been after them since FR 8 came out! Tom