[bksvol-discuss] Re: Carrie Books (Re: Just Submitted)

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:05:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi E,

  I downloaded Black William and couldn't find any end-of-line symbols
anywhere.  It looks like a relatively clean scan to me.  I'll just validate it,
should only take me a couple hours to do, and upload it.

  It just dawned on me.  There were a few lines on a number of pages where
there was an extra carriage return in the middle of the line.  I bet that's
what you're talking about! I don't see any characters there, but there's a ^p
(end of paragraph) hidden in the lines.  No idea why that occurs!  And you
can't do a global replace, because every paragraph has a ^p on the end of the
paragraph. The only way to get rid of the extra ones is one at a time.  That's
why I move the right-hand margin to the right whenever I validate a book, so I
can see if any of the lines look really stretched out, indicating there's an
extra ^p there. Anyway, I'll delete all of the extraneous characters and finish
validating the little puppy!

  Thanks for pointing that out, Carrie

"E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Evan, these files are all in .rtf format. the edp (written together as one
cell) is the notation for end of line. Cary explained this happening
because of a book being cut too close to the printing. Hope this helps.