[bksvol-discuss] Re: Cannot Point to File Using Windoweyes and IE7 for Upload

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:52:01 -0400

Hi,
If you don't want to get a program for this, you can fake it by doing this.

Go to the upload page.
Press Windows+M to minimize all programs and go to the desktop.
Open My Computer.
Browse to the folder with the file.
Press Alt+D to put the cursor on the address bar.
Press End to go to the end of the address line.
Type a \ followed by the file name with no spaces.
Select that line.
Copy to the clip board.
Close My Computer.
Find the edit box.
Turn forms mode on or whatever your screen reader uses for forms.
Paste the file name in the edit control with Control+V.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme,
Usability Engineering
Highmark Inc.
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
412-544-8177

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are right."

             "Monica Willyard"
             <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc
             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [bksvol-discuss] Re: Cannot Point
                                       to File Using Windoweyes and IE7
             04/25/2007 04:32          for Upload
             PM

             Please respond to
             bksvol-discuss@fr
                eelists.org

Hi, Jim.  Your point is a good one.  I also use a little utility that
adds a copy path option to my right click menu.  It copies the path
and file name to the clipboard without any fuss.  I just paste the
file path into the edit field on the Bookshare form and keep on
trucking.  (smile)  There are 3 such programs to choose from on the
JFW Lite sight.  http://www.jfwlite.com

Monica Willyard