[bksvol-discuss] Can someone please help me...preferrably a braille user

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:06:24 -0500

BlankHello guys;
I need one of the Braille readers to please help me. There is a textbook on
Bookshare, Traditions and Encounters: A Global Prospective on the Past 5th
edition by Herbert F. Ziegler and Jerry H. Bentley. The book was marked with
over 1500+ headings and I would like to know if someone who uses a Braille note
or other device (refreshable Braille-type) has as much trouble navigating such
a book? I'm using JAWS and download Daisy text only and have the darnest
navigating through this book. I'm actually thinking that it is just me, you
know, sort of like a pet peeve thing but would really like to know. I've
already submitted a quality report to the development team.
In the book some of the material marked with heading navigation are areas like
author's bio and credits, editors credits, picture credits, "how to use the
book" and the like...just my opinion...way too much. Do we, college students,
really care about that stuff? Me, NO! I just want to be able to get to the
material I need to get to and move around the book like my classmates. This is
the edition they are using in class but I don't like this edition because of
the many heading navigation's which is causing me to lose out in class because
the earlier edition is not as in-depth as this one.
Please someone download the book and check it out for me...I honestly think
that I am losing my mind here.
The link to the book is:
https://www.bookshare.org/search?
It is the 5th book down (using heading navigation 'H')
Thanks,
Netta keyword=Traditions+and+Encounters+5th+edition+&search=Search

GIF image