[bksvol-discuss] Re: Calling in Cookbook Suggestions!

  • From: "Charlene Ota" <caota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:43:20 -1000

Hi, Scot, darn, I'm almost done scanning a really neat cookbook, but won't
have it up in time for the weekend that would have been a good candidate for
what you're looking for, it's Delicious Memories by Anna Boyardee, the
grand-daughter of one of the founders of Chef Boyardee. It's got lots of
information about the family along with great Italian food and detailed
instructions about how to prepare things like homemade pasta.

Anyway, I was trying to think of recent books that have gone up that aren't
just recipes, and one that I did was

Super Natural Every Day: Well-loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen
<http://www.bookshare.org/browse/%20/browse/book/364711?returnPath=L2Jyb3dzZ
S9jYXRlZ29yeT9vZmZzZXQ9MCZzb3J0T3JkZXI9UFVCTElDQVRJT05fREFURSZsYW5ndWFnZT1FT
kdMSVNIJmxpbWl0PTEwMCZrZXk9Q29va2luZywgRm9vZCBhbmQgV2luZSY%3D>

Some of the Weight Watchers books that have gone up have comments and tips
along with the recipes. Also, there's a publisher-quality book called the
Arthur Avenue Cookbook that I just downloaded that looks like it has
interesting narrative along with the recipes.

Also, there's another Heidi Swanson book in the collection that is publisher
quality, just can't think of the name of it at the moment.

Paula Deen's Southern Bible is already up as a publisher-quality book and
that one just came out this month, I don't know how healthy that one is, but
it's famous enough, that's for sure!

Also, there's plenty of diet books in there if that's what you're looking
for, too. Dieting for Dummies is a publisher-quality book that has a daisy
with images option to download and it has a few recipes in the back.

I'm just trying to think of osme interesting options, hope this helps.

Charlene