[bksvol-discuss] Re: Caldecott Medal Winners

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:28:51 -0800 (PST)

Pratik,

That's o.k. I'm used to your rants, with or without
your sense of humor as part of them. (smile)  You're
correct that I only raised the question because of
allocation of volunteer resources. I know how long it
takes, and how difficult it is, to describe
illustrations in detail; yet I also have been told how
much they add to the enjoyment of the book. I'm afraid
I was being a bit selfish, so I do deserve every
chastisement you can heap upon me (smile). It's good
to know, though, that the books can be enjoyed and
appreciated even without illustration descriptions.

You have now made me feel thoroughly ashamed of myself
(rueful, embarrassed grin).  I consider myself whipped
with a wet noodle. I hereby volunteer to validate the
books when submitted, if I can get hold of them from
the library -- which is most probable.

http://mail.yahoo.com